Earn 1 CE Federal Tax with Jessie Seaman, Esq., EA.
April 18, 2019 from 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm ET
Live Online IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00565-19-O
Self-Study IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00565-19-S
Member: $40 Non-Member: $50
This instructor-led seminar will provide practitioners with an overview of the steps to take when representing a taxpayer. Attendees will know which forms to file 98821 & 2848), what to list on said forms, and how to file said forms to speak on behalf of a client. We will cover the client interview, meeting due diligence requirements pursuant to Circular 230, compliance, collection alternatives available to taxpayers whose account is being handled by ACS, and ending the scope of representation. This session offers practice tips when working with ACS representatives.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Name the forms taxpayers sign that authorize 3rd parties to gain information and take action on behalf of another.
- Identify how Forms 8821 and 2848 are filed with the IRS, and how they are withdrawn.
- Effectively communicate with clients to ensure they are fully informed and all pertinent information has been disclosed.
- Differentiate between the various resolutions available to taxpayers, compliance requirements, and explain the consequences.
- Advocate for levy releases and acceptance of proposed collection alternatives.
Note: If you can't attend live, that's okay: go ahead and register and you will automatically receive the recording when it is sent out.
Jessie Seaman, Esq., EA
Jessie Seaman, Esq., EA, is a member of NAEA, completing course work for NTPI Fellowship, Florida Bar, Tax Section, and Northeast Florida Enrolled Agent’s Society. She has served as an adjunct professor teaching various courses including Business Law, State and Local Taxation, Contemporary Business Ethics, and an exam preparation class for the Enrolled Agents Examination. Jessie has a passion for tax controversy work because it is ever-evolving, applicable to all, and in many cases unfairly enforced.
- Internet Explorer 12 or greater
- iOS 10 or greater
- Safari 10 or greater
- Edge 14 or greater
- Firefox 52 or greater
- Chrome 60 or greater
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Windows 7 or later
Communications from NAEA
Upon registration, you will receive the following four (or possibly five, if you did not attend the live webinar) e-mails from NAEA's e-learning partner, Commpartners, sent with a subject line: NAEA webinar: <insert course title>
- Registration confirmation
- Instructions on how to access the webinar, handouts, quiz and evaluation.
- Live webinar reminder
- When webinar recording is ready
- User did not attend the live webinar
A list of frequently asked questions is available here.