Employment Tax: Resolving a Business Case
Earn 2 CE Federal Tax with Jessie Seaman, Esq., EA
April 9, 2019 from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm ET
Live Online IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00563-19-O
Self-Study IRS Program Number: X9QQU-T-00563-19-S
Member: $80 Non-Member: $100
This instructor-led seminar will provide instructions for tax professionals representing business taxpayers. This program will outline the necessary compliance for each entity type. Participants will know which resolutions are available to BMF cases and which IRS office has jurisdiction. This course will cover preparation of a 433-B and 433-A (pages 5-6) for active and dissolved entities. Specific ordinary and necessary business expenses will be defined for proper classification on financial statements, i.e. depreciation, loans, owner compensation, loans to shareholders, etc. Advocate for no TFRP or no enforcement of TFRP on IMF accounts. Participants will learn how to portray a business client’s income, assets, and liabilities to ensure a formal resolution to pay back taxes is feasible for ongoing operations and profitability.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Define compliance requirements for each entity type.
- Describe the different resolutions available for BMF taxpayers (ACS vs. RO).
- Use business records to prepare a comprehensive CIS 433-B or 433-A
- Differentiate between business expenses the IRS allows and arguments in favor of client expenses.
- Ability to provide advice to business clients to ensure current and future compliance and profitability.
Note: If you can't attend live, that's okay: go ahead and register and you will automatically receive the recording when it is sent out.
Jessie Seaman, Esq., EA
Jessie Seaman, Esq., EA, is a member of NAEA, completing course work for NTPI Fellowship, Florida Bar, Tax Section, and Northeast Florida Enrolled Agent’s Society. She has served as an adjunct professor teaching various courses including Business Law, State and Local Taxation, Contemporary Business Ethics, and an exam preparation class for the Enrolled Agents Examination. Jessie has a passion for tax controversy work because it is ever-evolving, applicable to all, and in many cases unfairly enforced.
- Internet Explorer 12 or greater
- iOS 10 or greater
- Safari 10 or greater
- Edge 14 or greater
- Firefox 52 or greater
- Chrome 60 or greater
- Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Windows 7 or later
Communications from NAEA
Upon registration, you will receive the following four (or possibly five, if you did not attend the live webinar) e-mails from NAEA's e-learning partner, Commpartners, sent with a subject line: NAEA webinar: <insert course title>
- Registration confirmation
- Instructions on how to access the webinar, handouts, quiz and evaluation.
- Live webinar reminder
- When webinar recording is ready
- User did not attend the live webinar
A list of frequently asked questions is available here.